Journey into the shops of some of the most respected masters of inlay and marquetry, to take in an experience of how others create thier inlay.
Creating Veneer, Marquetry & Inlay, part of Popular Woodworking Magazine’s Master Class series, is a nine-video clip collection with advice and instruction about customizing tools to cutting veneer, and much more! This DVD features the following experts demonstrating their tips for their areas of expertise:
- Paul Schürch creates masterful works of marquetry using thousands of tiny veneer pieces. You’ll learn how he brings everything together to create a finished table top.
- Warren May shows you the techniques he uses to perform bell-and-flower inlay, as well as how to use customized chisels for stunning, repeatable shapes.
- Bill Hull walks you through the steps for using a press veneer in small, home-shop sized book press, in addition to his method for fitting inlay lines.
- Patrick Edwards leads you on an amazing discovery of the mysteries of French marquetry, including proper use of the chevalet, a marquetry saw like nothing you’ve seen before.
- Gerard Ryan demonstrates step-by-step instructions for creating tapered inlay shapes he uses to decorate furniture.
Trust woodworking masters to help you take your woodworking skills to the next level.
ISBN 13: 9781440326264